Eurozone Crisis: Legal Issues for Businesses
Whilst we hope that continuing efforts to hold the eurozone together will succeed, there remains a real risk that one or more weaker Member States may be forced (or decide) to leave the eurozone. The landscape could change dramatically and such change is likely to happen with little or no advance notice. As there is no established legal framework for withdrawal from the euro this could result in wide ranging consequences for business.
This briefing note explains what action corporates should be taking now on legal issues relating to the eurozone debt crisis - from how to mitigate redenomination risk and put in place crisis management systems to key considerations around M&A transactions and joint ventures.
The issues highlighted in this business risk briefing do not comprise an exhaustive list but highlight some of the key contractual or legal issues businesses should be considering as a result of the eurozone crisis.
Connect and Share:
- [Infographic] Reigniting the global Financial Institutions sector: http://t.co/ttA2CKe1fz http://t.co/f7EqKw2S68
- [Video] Hogan Lovells Partners Suyong Kim and Oxana Balayan discuss the impact of regulation on M&A: http://t.co/oOmcvWZRMe #hlevolution
- RT @HoganLovellsUK: TMT focus > RT @HLEvolution: Register for your copy of our Reigniting the Global TMT Sector report: http://t.co/6ekpdItZWt #hlevolution
- Register for your copy of our Reigniting the Global TMT Sector report: http://t.co/TPrF48dTBi #hlevolution
- More than half say they use #publicaffairs consultants to #lobby government. #HLEvolution